5 things you should know about personal data
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual
Examples of personal data include names, email addresses, work or residential location, phone numbers, personal photos or other types information that is unique to a person.
- Your personal data is more valuable than you think
- You have the right to know what happens to your personal data and how that information is used
- You should be conscious of who has access to your personal data.
- You have little control of who accesses your personal data and how they use that information.
- Avoid over-sharing personal data on social media.